Oh my god, oh my god you guys can you believe it's been 16 years since Legally Blonde was in theaters? No, me neither. Basically because that movie was relatable AF, even in my 30's. I wrote this post 3 years ago, but even now I still go back and read it on my old site's domain for a refresher of why I remind myself daily...to always have faith in myself.
10. Alright so I’m not saying follow some guy to the other side of the country just to get him to get back you, but take motivation from the crappiest of situations. Here is this girl that gets dumped, and yeah at first she does it for the dumbest reason but she gets into Harvard Law School…. and she does it because she becomes committed to the idea and sticks to her guns about it.
9. Don’t change who you are just to fit in. One of my favorite scenes in the whole movie is when they are sitting around at orientation and everyone in the circle is bragging about what they have done to improve society, or going off about their countless accolades and there she sits and she’s just herself. Elle Woods didn’t feel the need to have to impress these people by bragging about herself, she was just perfectly happy being who she was.
8. Be nice to people, you never know who could change your life. While Viviane essentially got off being a snotty princess, Elle was legitimately nice to the people that surrounded her. Although in the beginning people where essentially rude and snobby she didn’t let it get her down. You can see it blossom into an amazing friendship with Paulette and Emmett.
7. When life hits you with a pink playboy bunny suit never be afraid to standout. Alright so this is slightly humiliating, and a tad overdone, however when she shows up wearing that suit and well is essentially set up for failure she doesn’t let it get her down or embarrass her. She stands up to her antagonist and sets her self out to show them all! She doesn’t even go home to change before popping over to a store to buy her Macbook.
6. Hard work always, always, always pays off. Once Elle starts cracking the books and starts actually kicking her own butt in school you see her become an articulate woman with something to say. She stuns everyone by demonstrating that not only is she as knowledgable as they are but she can actually put it into action.
5. Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, happy people well they just don’t shoot their husbands. Alright exercise is good for you, I don’t know how true the rest could be.
4. First impressions aren’t always correct. Again, when everyone met Elle they thought she was just some dumb girl with no sense of direction. When you don’t take the time to get to know someone you shoo them into this category immediately, never letting people show their true colors keeps your coloring book quite dark, never judge someone from their first encounter. You never know who you’re not meeting by judging from the start.
3. Cosmo Magazine is the bible, no just kidding but it’ll give you a good laugh on a sunday afternoon. Can you believe some of the shiz they put in there? Cray Cray. (this is outdated and I've moved on to blogs....)
2. Never let a guy put you down or make you feel inferior than you truly are. Warner was a prick, and he deserved what was coming to him in the end. Although she allowed it a little at first she showed him at the end of the day that you can’t go around treating the people that care about you like crap. Fact is no girl deserves to feel less than what they truly are.
1. Always have faith in yourself. Yes we have family, friends, people in general that wish us only the best, but if we don’t have faith in our own selfs how far can we really go? Faith in yourself is the only way you’re ever going to get anything truly done.
Hope you were at least a little entertained!